By George Maglaras San Diego Police Department Traffic Division
- Click on Diagrams folder in Mobile Device.
- Click on "TXT" file you want to Open in EXCEL.
- Push CTRL Key & letter "C" or push right mouse button to select copy from the pop up window to Copy the TXT File.
- Click on START Button lower left hand corner of screen.
- Select "ALL Programs".
- Select Accessories, Select NotePad.
- Click on File, upper left hand corner of screen.
- Click on OPEN button.
- Click in white area of box.
- Push CTRL key & Letter "V" for paste or push right mouse button and select Paste.
- Click on open to open the file you just transferred.
You can add text, make modifications or move the file to EXCEL if you prefer this program to print your Text File or add descriptions to your field codes. You will find EXCEL an easier program to modify and print your TXT File in an easy format for readers to understand.