Speed Enforcement with Lidar and Digital Imaging
LTI's Micro Digi-Cam
The Micro Digi-Cam (MDC) is the most sophisticated laser-based digital imaging enforcement tool available. How many speeding violations can one officer issue within a full day shift? Imagine multiplying that total number of violations by one-hundred in the same shift !
Today agencies world-wide are experiencing fewer traffic accidents and fatalities all while receiving a positive return on their investment with the MDC. Prevent courtroom battles with rock-solid photographic evidence. This latest technology will greatly increase your department's personnel productivity and overall efficiency unlike anything else available on the market.
MDC provides critical information
for an enforceable violation.
Not only does the MDC produce full-color images of a violator's vehicle and license plate, it stores all the necessary action for an enforceable violation.
The MDC field and desktop software provide the following critical information: date, time, operator ID, badge number, zone limit, speed and direction, distance, location description and tamper status.
All the field data stored and can be downloaded and archived to any PC for secure post-processing.
The MDC offers a built-in tamper-proof security system. This required feature ensures the integrity of all the image details stored.
When in "auto mode", the MDC will constantly collect statistical traffic data but will only take images when vehicles are exceeding the speed limit. This feature allows the MDC to be extremely efficient by only storing the images of violators.
The MDC system can integrate with an UltraLyte Compact, UltraLyte 100 and UltraLyte 100 LR model.
Issue violations right in the field
with the optional Bluetooth®
compatible field printer.
MDC Key Features
- Produces digital images eliminating costly and timely photo-processing
- Saves more than 15,000 images by expanding the data collector's memory with a low-cost, 1-G SD card
- Compact design
- Extremely portable for rapid deployment with no bulky external power source
- Records images up to 200 meters
- Easy to set up and operate
- In-field touch-screen zoom feature
Darkness Illumination for Night or Tunnel Operation
Whether it's in a tunnel or simply at night, the MDC's optional Infrared Illuminator allows you to still capture quality images. Even utilize the IR Flash for remote triggering!
A True International System
The MDC field software is available in 17 languages: Czech, Chinese simplified, Chinese traditional, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Portuguese (BR) Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese and Indonesia (Bohasa).
LTI's Micro Digi-Cam
- Weight: Camera/UltraLyte: 2.05 kg, iPAQ/Enclosure: 1.09 kg
- Size: Camera/UltraLyte: 21.6 cm x 15.5 cm x 19.4 cm, iPAQ: 13.1 cm x 7.7 cm x 1.49 cm, Image Viewing Screen: 6.35 cm x 8.89 cm. iPAQ Enclosure: 23.67 cm x 11.47 cm x 4.98 cm
- Image Capture Range:Typical: 50 - 200 meters, Optimum: 80 - 150 meters
- Measurement Range: 15 meters - 1 km
- Measurement Cycle Time: < 3 second typical (target acquisition, image capture, file storage, file display)
- Max Stored Images: 750 - 1500 (depending upon detail) Up to 15,000 (depending upon detail with 1-G SD card
- Data Entry: Touch-screen with stylus onto graphic keyboard
- Power: Micro Digi-Cam - Supply: 7.2 V Lithium-Ion Battery, 4.65 A/hour Consumption: 3.0 W, Operation Duration: 7 hrs. @ full charge
- iPAQ - Supply: Internal 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion battery, continuously charged by the camera attery during operation. Consumption: 7 hrs. (external source) plus 8 hrs. (internal source) Operation Duration: Same as Camera
- UltraLyte Compact - Supply: 2 AA batteries, Operation Duration: Up to 20 hours of continuous use
- Environmental: Micro Digi-Cam: -20° C to + 50° C UltraLyte Compact: -30° C to + 60° C iPAQ (Enclosure excluded): 0° C to + 40° C